PHILLIPSBURG RAILROAD HISTORIANS
A 501c3 NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION
- 07-30-21 The latest video by member Ron Luckock covering the history of West Easton and Glendon can be seen here.
- New Open House dates announced. Get the details here.
- Private Centerville and Southwestern Charters for your party or group have resumed. For the details click here.
- Member meetings are back! For the dates click here.
- The video by member Ron Luckock covering the history of South Easton can be seen here.
- Check out the restoration progress on our Lehigh and Hudson River Snow Flanger.
MUSEUM PLATFORM COMPLETED
The long term plan for the museum called for a platform to be built along the north side of the building so visitors could easily board selected rolling stock in our collection. In 2018 members placed 8 posts in the ground in preparation of the platform construction. A design for the platform was completed and submitted for city approval. Changes were needed which required an architect. Early in 2021, with all the I's dotted and the T's crossed, a construction permit was issued. We wasted no time and turned to our long term contractor T.P. Construction to schedule the work. This project was sustained and monitored by the intervention of Bill Timmann who kept the communication lines open with the
Town Engineer. We would also like to thank Stan Schrek who worked with us to affirm and modify the original blueprint draft created by Bob Marinelli and the technical assistance of Glenn
The ledger was attached to the building and the girder to the posts, then the joists were hung. Joe Trench photo.
After the joists were all in place bridging was added. Joe Trench photo.
With a strong base in place the decking boards could be applied. Joe Trench photo.
Felt paper was put between the joists and the boards to help prolong the life of the deck from water damage. Joe Trench photo.
Wood work on the platform and stairs is nearing completion. Joe Trench photo.
The railing being installed. Joe Trench photo.
PRRH member Rick Glosser lensed this shot of the completed platform and stairs on 4-26-21. A short section of the railing is designed to open thus providing for access to rolling stock on display.
Page last updated 07-30-21