Directions from Route 78
East, from within Pennsylvania
If you're traveling on Route 78 East, and
you are west of Allentown, there are two main arteries which lead
to New Jersey - both will get you here. This set of directions
follows Interstate Route 78, which is all major highway driving
and minimal interchanges.
- If you're traveling from points west
of Allentown, and wish to take Route 78 East into NJ,
stay in the left lanes to connect with 78 East. Staying
in the right-most lanes will connect you with Route 22 East.
- Stay on Route 78 East. Exit Route 78 at the Route 33 exit.
- Travel north on Route 33 for three exits. Exit Route 33 onto Route 22 east.
- Follow Route 22 East until you cross the Delaware River
at the bridge bringing you into New Jersey.
- As you're crossing the bridge, stay in
the right lane and take the VERY FIRST exit just beyond
the bridge, across from the toll plaza.
- When you get to the stop sign at the
end of the exit, turn left.
- Go straight on South Main Street
through two traffic lights.
- After the second traffic light, you
will cross over a black iron bridge.
- Beyond the bridge, the road bends to
the left and Joe's Steak Shop will be on the right. Turn
left and proceed through the parking lot next to the Noto-Wynkoop Funeral Home.
- At the rear of the parking lot turn
right. The museum is the gray building straight ahead.